- what types of personal information may be collected at this site
- how your personal information can be used
- who may have access to the information collected
- security procedures used to protect the information collected
- how to contact us to correct, cancel or opt-out of any information sent
What information do we collect on our website?
We may collect personal and other information from you when you establish or update an account on www.walkerfirst.com, participate in a survey, quiz or poll, shop online, check the status of an order or review order history, or join our mailing list. Categories of personal information collected include your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and credit card number.
How is your information used?
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To process your order and answer your questions about the status of your order.
- To provide you with periodic e-mails, mailings and other communications about products, services and promotions or to help us learn more about your product needs. You may choose not to receive these communications as described below.
- To help us improve our online ordering process and your purchase experience.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
- To contact you, if necessary.
- As otherwise indicated in our Terms and Conditions.
Will my information be shared?
Business Partners and Agents:
We may share information with non-affiliated business partners, vendors, agents and other service providers with whom we have agreements to help perform functions on our behalf. Examples include assistance with marketing and promotion, filling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. These parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep all information confidential and to use your information only to provide the services we ask them to perform for you and us.
Legal Protection of Walker and Associates, Inc. and others:
With your consent:
What information is collected by other sites and services?
If you are visiting our website through a link from another website or search engine, information about your visit to our website may be collected by the provider of the other website or search engine. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these other websites or search engines.
We may also enable you to navigate to other sites and services from links on our website, and we may display content from these other sites and services. We do this for your convenience. We do not endorse or generally have any affiliation with these other sites and services. We also do not control and are not responsible for the web practices of third parties, regardless of whether the third parties’ content appears within our web environment (like a map frame), or you leave our website to view the content on another website,
How we secure and protect your order information?
The safety of your personal information, including, without limitation, your credit card information is important to us and Walker and Associates, Inc. has taken measures to help protect the security of your online order information.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to help keep your online order information safe. SSL technology encrypts your credit card number, order information and personal information before it is transmitted to help protect it from being decoded by anyone other than us. Our website has been authenticated by Trust Commerce Vault providing assurances that we use SSL encryption to transmit confidential information during sales transactions.
Specifically, once you enter the checkout page, your computer will begin communicating with our server using SSL encryption. You can determine the security of your connection by looking at the bottom of your Internet browser window after you have accessed our website. SSL technology is active if there is a solid key or a closed lock. You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a security-enhanced server, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https".
While we implement SSL technology and other security measures to protect your information, please note that no data transmitted over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have selected a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with any party not authorized to act on your behalf.
We currently do not store credit card numbers of our customers nor do we create card holder profiles.
You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt-out of direct mail (such as the Skinny Wire magazine or the Walker calendar), please contact us as provided below.
- To opt-out of email communications, please follow the instructions in the email communications (for instance, an unsubscribe link) or contact us as provided below.
Walker and Associates, Inc.
Address: 7129 Old Highway 52 N
Welcome, NC 27374-1129
Telephone: 1-800-925-5371 (Normal Business Hours 8am-7pm EST M-F)
Effective: March 20th, 2014.