SmartRG Unveils New Flagship Gigabit Broadband Access Gateway Based on Intel Technology
Posted on: Oct 23, 2017
(BUSINESS WIRE)--SmartRG Inc., a leading provider of solutions that optimize WiFi networks for the smart connected home, announced today the release of its Corona SR900ac AnyWAN broadband gateway. For the first time, service providers and system integrators now have access to an open-source-based, SDN/NFV-ready platform integrated with home analytics and based on Intel technology. Outfitted with an Intel® AnyWAN™ SoC GRX350, two Intel® Home Wi-Fi chipsets WAV500 Series, and pre-loaded with SmartOS™, SmartRG’s containerized operating system for NFV-enabled CPE, the Corona SR900ac delivers true Gigabit WiFi performance via class-leading 802.11ac MU-MIMO.
“The integration of our technologies into solutions like the one SmartRG is providing today, offers a unique, high-performance solution for service providers to deliver reliable and faster broadband connections to its subscribers.”
Features of the SmartRG Corona SR900ac include:
- 4x4 MU-MIMO delivering the fastest WiFi speeds – The Corona SR900ac consistently delivers industry-leading rate/reach over both 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi bands and with 100% CPU Offload
- Over 64 WiFi clients per band without slowing down. Support for up to 8 Virtual APs and MU-MIMO for every client
- Intel AnyWAN SoC - The integrated SFP port and optional VDSL2 simplifies inventory management and enables easy slide-in upgrades to FTTH (GPON and Active Ethernet) and G.fast
- True Gigabit Performance - A powerful 1.6GHz dual-core CPU enables full 1Gbps bidirectional throughput with plenty of power remaining to run the applications of today and tomorrow
- SmartOS™-enabled SDN/NFV service-chaining via hitless Live Update of containerized apps
- Built-in support for SmartRG Home Analytics, offering industry-leading insight into home WiFi environments and delivering never-before-possible degrees of WiFi service assurance
- A patented industrial design that embraces the elegance and style in form and function that consumers expect for their home
“Intel is helping service providers keep up with the increasing demand for bandwidth while making better use of their networks and providing reliable connectivity throughout the home," said Dan Artusi, Vice President and General Manager, Connected Home Division, Intel. “The integration of our technologies into solutions like the one SmartRG is providing today, offers a unique, high-performance solution for service providers to deliver reliable and faster broadband connections to its subscribers.”“Intel’s advanced technology and commitment to improve the modern connected home experience is a perfect fit with SmartRG’s goal to help service providers exceed the expectations of their subscribers with future-proof technology and solutions,” said Jeff McInnis, CEO of SmartRG.
David La Cagnina, SmartRG’s VP of R&D, added, “The Corona platform running SmartOS™ sets the bar for a new generation of vCPE devices designed for the connected homes of today and tomorrow, where the massive increase of number of connected devices and SDN-enabled service-chaining demand a solution built upon market-leading silicon paired with the most advanced containerized, open-source operating system.”
Visit SmartRG at the Intel Connected Home booth at the Broadband World Forum in Berlin Oct. 24-26 in Hall 21 at Booth #103 to see the Corona SR900ac and SmartRG Home Analytics.
SmartRG offers the best whole-home WiFi service delivery platform in its class. Its innovative technology and elegant designs help broadband operators migrate, manage and monetize the increasingly connected home experience while exceeding subscriber expectations. Headquartered in Vancouver, Wash., SmartRG supports millions of customer premise equipment (CPE) devices and hundreds of TR-069 ACS (Auto Configuration Server) deployments globally. For more information, visit smartrg.com.
John Nee, Vice President of Marketing