ADTRAN Announces The Worlds First Cloud-Based Mobile Data Offload Solution
Hotspot 2.0 solution integrates into any network topology to deliver scalable, high-availability service for the rapid rise of mobile data traffic
ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, virtual mobility and enterprise communications solutions, today announced the world’s first cloud-based Mobile Data Offload solution for carriers. Based on the soon-to-be-ratified Wi-Fi Alliance’s Hotspot 2.0 standard, ADTRAN’s virtualized approach eliminates the need for hardware-based controllers in the network, significantly reducing the cost, complexity and management overhead associated with traditional approaches to scaling network access. This fundamentally new approach is enabled by combining advanced virtual wireless LAN (vWLAN) capabilities into a seamless mobile backhaul solution for a highly available, scalable solution capable of integrating into any network topology. ADTRAN’s solution also addresses each area of network congestion for the carrier – cellular backhaul, Radio Access Network and enterprise access – and provides the means to eliminate the log jam created by the rapid rise in mobile data traffic.
The solution addresses these key pain points for carriers based on ADTRAN’s unique understanding of the drivers coming from its thousands of enterprise customers and how these needs are impacting carriers’ ability to advance their network to respond. ADTRAN’s solution is a combination of technologies that have been developed to serve both markets and then integrated to provide a level of control and integration not available from other disjointed solutions on the market today. Over the next several months,
Optimized Cloud-based Solution
- Scalability: Distributed data plane and centralized control plane allow thousands of access points to be managed by a single software-based controller.
- High Availability: Geographically-separated controllers that offer zero packet-loss during controller failover.
- Single Solution for Multiple Services: Hosted/managed enterprise Wi-Fi, mobile offload, smart metering and other Wi-Fi-enabled services can be offered from a single architecture.
Integrated AAA Support: Ability for access points to communicate directly with AAA systems for user authentication, either fully integrated or via certified partnerships.
- Delivers More than Wi-Fi Edge Relief
- Optimized AP Backhaul: Carrier Ethernet service delivery with optional powering over bonded copper pairs to provide high-bandwidth backhaul and power to outdoor access points.
Integrated SLA Management: Extensive OAM feature set with
Y.1731SLA monitoring integrated access point monitoring with wireline backhaul monitoring systems.
Cross Certification: No single vendor will be able to bring all the components, so it’s critical to select solutions that are augmented with
Technology Alliance Partners.
- Supported by a Committed Eco-system
“We are excited about our prospects in the Mobile Data Offload market and have already seen great traction in current Proof-of-Concepts with major carriers around the globe,” stated
Connect2 Communications for ADTRAN, Inc.
Ashley Baster, 919-435-9112